BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Monday, June 3, 2013

Where do I begin......

I have never been a trainer, will never be a trainer and do not have a desire to be a trainer, however I love being trained!  I will share with you the tools that I have been so fortunate enough to learn from my amazing trainers!

I started this journey of my own accord (Sua Sponte), on a whim I downloaded the Couch 2 5K App on my IPhone and took of running and barely made it home on week 1 day 1. I stuck with it though and by the end of the first week I was feeling great, sore, but great!  I think that this is a great program for beginners and there is absolutely nothing negative that I have to say about it!  Once I was confident in my ability and was to the point where I could run about a mile straight, I knew it was time to call in the big guns!

Last week I started the plan formulated by my brother, the Ironman himself!

Sunday:OFF

Monday:  Easy 40 minute run, don't worry about the pace

Tuesday:  Go to the track, warm up for 10 minutes, then do 15 minutes of one lap hard and one lap easy, alternate that for the whole 15 minutes, followed by a 10 minute warm down.

Wednesday:  40 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill at a 5% incline.

Thursday: Warm up for 10 minutes, then do 6 times of 2 minutes hard running, followed by 1 minute of walking, then a 10 minute cool down.  The running should be as hard as you can go, you should barely be able to talk

Friday:  OFF

Saturday:  Run 4 miles, just run for a long as you can, if you have to stop just do so for 2 minutes and then begin running again.

This is my schedule for last week and then again for this week.  I am tracking my runs with a Garmin and my brother will evaluate these runs to adjust my schedule for the next two weeks!

**Disclaimer:  This program is specifically tailored to my physical ability, you are more than welcome to use this as a guideline, but as with any other exercise plan consult your physician for your needs.

0 comments: